Trusts, Probates, Estate Litigation

If you have people who depend on you for support, or if you have significant assets, estate planning is an essential task. If you are interested in creating an estate plan, or if you are involved in probate or estate litigation, you need a trustworthy, experienced attorney to help you deal with the issue.

Estate Planning and Litigation in Washington

In the state of Washington, individuals have several tools to choose from when completing an estate plan. Depending on the individual’s needs, he or she may create a trust, draft a will and/or enact power of attorney arrangements to plan for the future.

After an individual dies in Washington, their estate will typically pass through a process known as “probate.” During this process, the individual’s will is validated, their debts are paid and the remainder of the estate’s assets will be distributed to heirs.

Hiring an Attorney

Estate law in Washington can be complicated, so hiring an attorney is generally recommended. A. Colby Parks can help you with:

  • Trusts. – A trust is a legal entity designed to hold property for a named beneficiary until the creator’s death. This property will typically pass to the named beneficiary without going through probate. A. Colby Parks can help you create and manage any type of trust, including revocable trusts and irrevocable trusts.
  • Probated Estates. – When an estate enters probate, an executor is usually appointed by the court. If you have been named the executor of a deceased individual’s estate, A. Colby Parks can help you navigate probate and complete the process as quickly as possible.
  • Estate Litigation. – Unfortunately, not all estates pass through probate without issue. If one of the heirs takes issue with the will or some other aspect of estate administration, litigation can result. If you are involved in a disputed estate, A. Colby Parks can help you build a solid case and protect your interests.

Contact A. Colby Parks, Attorney at Law, P.S.

If you are involved in a probated estate or disputed estate in Washington, or if you would like to create an estate plan, please contact A. Colby Parks, Attorney at Law, P.S., today to schedule a consultation.